Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pure Barre Travels

My Pure Barre fun continues. A week and a half ago I traveled to Denver for a third round of training. It was a quick trip, but this time I had another instructor with me. We had the chance to travel around the downtown city area the first day, and then day two was spent in the studio learning new moves before flying home - I told you it was a quick trip! Coincidentally, my younger brother, Kevin, was also in Denver for work. Sadly our schedules didn't align and we weren't able to meet for dinner or say hi.
Training with the double bands at corporate, in Denver
I'm having a blast teaching classes and my love for the technique seems to be spreading to other family members. My mom says she is hooked, and Jill, my sister-in-law is also increasing the amount of classes she attends each week. Now, if only I can get Drew to a couple of classes... We are hosting a Man Up and Tuck event next week. I'm crossing my fingers our kickball team won't need us and he will participate. The event is basically a regular PB class, but guys are invited to take and will get a Man Up and Tuck t-shirt. The studio also offers beer and wine after class. We're working on partnering up with the bar next door to offer drink specials and appetizers, but nothing is definite yet.

Surprisingly, this summer the studio has seen an influx of clients. We've added a handful of extra classes to the schedule, offering more than 40 each week. More classes = more teaching for me which I am not complaining about. I absolutely love teaching, meeting clients and answering questions. On the other hand, all this PB teaching and marketing projects has left me with very little time to study real estate outside of all the house work. I am really disappointed in myself that I still have not taken the test.  I know I need to just suck it up and study, making it a priority. especially before I forget everything I learned in class.

No comments: