Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Military Madness

Yikes! Tomorrow is the last day of July! Where does the time go? I can't say I am surprised though it's been one heck of a month; one busy summer! But, we're embracing it and trying to enjoy every second together.
Rewind back two-and-a-half weeks...  Drew and I had a ball to attend! Our second military ball and I must admit I was excited to get dressed up and go dancing. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of dancing from the two of us, but Drew surprised me and his eldest sister by submitting us for a service award. The two of us, along with about 6 other women were awarded the Molly Pitcher award - "The Honorable Order of Molly Pitcher is bestowed by the U.S. Field Artillery Association and the Air Defense Artillery Association to recognize women who have voluntarily contributed in a significant way to the improvement of the U.S. Field Artillery or Air Defense Artillery Communities. The award is named after Molly Pitcher who distinguished herself during the American revolutionary war."

To wrap up the night Drew and I did a little Pure Barre. The studio is holding a contest throughout the month of July, encouraging clients to post pictures doing Pure Barre moves outside of the studio. We're calling it "tuck around town". There is also a contest between the instructors, and the best picture between instructors gets a special prize. I couldn't let the moment pass by of the two of us dressed up in our formal attire so we did our own tuck around town photo at the ball. God bless my husband for supporting my crazy ideas!
The following day the military events continued. It was the annual family picnic. As commander Drew hosted the event, but had an amazing group of women behind him who had been planning the event for months. The women did a FANTASTIC job organizing the entire day and making sure all the kids had a good time. Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I did get one of the two of us wearing our Army shirts, playing in the whiffle ball tourney, as well as one when the local firefighters showed up to cool off the kids. Considering the heat that day, it was definitely needed! 

No comments: